CÉMOI, the leading French chocolate maker opened its boutique in Perpignan, 19th September 2012.
It was created on the old factory site; Cantalou, that also houses the CEMOI head office.
Opening the CEMOI boutique, was for us a chance to :
- Develop local recognition of the company and our savoir-faire,
- Propose an accessible point of sale for our products for the general public, local businesses, communities and work committees,
- Re-launch le Bon Malakoff, a traditional childhood favourite that disappeared some years ago,
- Create an “educative” centre for schools, clubs and tourists, to share our knowledge of the chocolate network (from the bean, the cacao tree’s fruit, to the creation of our finished products). We have a small cinema area for around 20 people (you can preview the film in the attachment).
Our boutique sells well-known flagship products but also exclusive boutique products too and our offers changes regularly, so you are sure to always find something new each time you visit.
Our CÉMOI boutique is however not just a point of sale but also a store of local industrial history and knowledge of the cocoa network, making it an interesting visit for all ages.
We have our own Facebook page; La Boutique Cemoi Perpignan which allows us to communicate regularly with our “friends” on our latest news, special offers and events throughout the year.
We look forward to welcoming you and sharing our 200 years of history with you.
Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday: 10am – 12.30pm 2.30pm – 6.30pm.
A CHOCOLATE LOVERS VISIT AND 200 YEARS OF HISTORY AT THE CEMOI BOUTIQUE
Whatever your age, do the chocolate lovers visit at the CEMOI boutique, based in Perpignan and learn all the secrets of the chocolate network!
The visit is composed as follows:
- Documentary film* Our cinema seats 20 people. For larger groups we can split the group, with some watching the film whilst others discover the boutique.
We can adapt the film depending on your group, please feel free to discuss this point with us prior to arrival. (The film session lasts maximum 32 mins)
- Tasting of our flagship chocolate products such as our chocolate-coated marshmallow bear or our range of fair-trade Nature chocolate bars and our Bon Malakoff; a childhood favourite for all locals. (10 mins)
- Question & answer time, on the cocoa network, the Cémoi Group or anything else you have always wanted to know about chocolate. (20 mins)
- Boutique visit. We have a large range of chocolate products on sale including exclusive creations that you will not find anywhere else! (Limited stocks)
5. Demonstrations or any other specific events may be organised depending on the time you have available (demonstrations of chocolate decorating, cake-icing, chocolate moulding, association of wines and chocolates, etc.)
Upon reservation only.
Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday: 10am – 12.30pm 2.30pm – 6.30pm
- Films in French and English subtitles
- “PACTS” . Filmed in Ivory Coast on the cocoa network (lasts 16 minutes)
- “TORREMILLA”. Filmed at our new production site in Perpignan (lasts 5 minutes)
- “CEMOI”. The CEMOI Group presentation by Patrick POIRRIER, his story and the new factory in Perpignan (lasts 5 minutes)
- “50 years of marshmallow bears” (cartoon lasts 2 minutes)
- “Marmiton”. Filmed in our factory that produces our marshmallow bears, with the team from the Marmiton television programme (lasts 3 minutes)
- CARTOON “Awkaba” for our youngest visitors (lasts 3 minutes)